Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Thoughts on Conversation Format

I really enjoyed Monday's class discussion. I felt that it was one of the most insightful discussions that our class has had in a long time, and the new format helped people to think more deeply about what they had to say and the rest of the class to listen to main "speakers". I was really pleased to hear some people engage in conversation that I had almost never heard before. Still, I haven't heard many of my classmates opinions during conversation and I am almost positive that they all have something meaningful to say. That being said, I hope that our professors will consider using this conversation format again. With more self-mediation and structure, I think it could prove to be a valuable tool in gaining new perspectives on the materials that we read. Anyway, the general idea is to have a conversation with everyone in the class- not just half.

1 comment:

  1. Liza, Thanks for this response. I agree that despite the awkwardness of the "fishbowl" the format does promote a more coherent conversation. As the hour passed several valuable insights were articulated and key questions were identified. LDL

    ReplyDelete