Monday, March 28, 2011

Welcome Back & Summer Plans

As we begin to ease back into our normal AmCon routine after a much needed break, I've been learning more about what my friends at Olaf will be doing this summer. I know that some will be spending it in Northfield, taking additional summer classes, and others will be traveling or returning back home to work jobs at places such as summer camps or restaurants. I'm excited that my job for this summer will be a hands-on experience with many of the things that we've talked about this year in AmCon. At the start of spring break, I learned that I will have a full-summer internship with my own district's Kansas Congresswoman. I hope that I will be able to gather a better understanding of both the government's role and how democracy works. Is there anyone else in our class who might be working in politics as well this summer?

1 comment:

  1. HURRAY! Congratulations. I hope you might keep up with come blogging so that we can all "watch" you put these conversations into practice.
    LDL

    ReplyDelete