Thursday, February 17, 2011

Everyone's Story is Important

Last night I went to a Chris Tomlin concert in Minneapolis with some friends (including 3 fellow AmCon members!). Chris Tomlin is a Christian rock singer who was accompanied by Christian speaker Louie Giglio for his concert tour. Of course, the concert was full of Christian messages that led to me reflect even more on our past AmCon class period. As our speaker Mr. Giglio spoke about Christianity and worshipping God, I thought about how present the idea of equality in Protestantism has become. The fact that Louie Giglio spoke to thousands of people about his own experiences with God is proof that Christianity has become democratized in America. So whether I have the seen signs of democratization in Christianity through a Christian rock concert, or just chatting openly at lunch about my own personal experiences with faith, I remind myself that this is a result of The Second Great Awakening in America.

No comments:

Post a Comment