Sunday, February 27, 2011

Oscars 2011

It's that time of year again... Red carpet, A-list actors and actresses followed by the ceremony awarding gold statuettes to the top movies of the year: The Oscars! So tonight, the long, drawn-out ceremony begins. Anyway, If I have time after homework I hope to catch a bit of the show because I've actually seen quite a few of the movies that are up for awards tonight which makes it about 10X more exciting.

Here are some predictions for the winners by the famous film critic Roger Ebert (who is also a columnist for the Chicago Sun-Time): http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20110210/OSCARS/110219999">

The top 3 possible winners for Best Picture seem to be The King's Speech, The Social Network or True Grit, with The King's Speech seeming to have the edge. I got the chance to watch all three this year and can say that they are all definitely movies worth seeing. Although The King's Speech has great acting and a feel-good story, I'm hoping that The Social Network has an underdog victory tonight.

When I think about it, I really enjoyed watching a lot of this year's movies. Inception, Black Swan, Toy Story 3 anyone?? Feel free to post your prediction for Best Picture and/or your favorite flick from this past year. Here's to hoping that 2012 has just as many great films.


PS- I do believe that the lower lounge of Hoyme will be showing the ceremony.

No comments:

Post a Comment